Friday, April 11, 2008

G.A.R (Get a room)

As I am still awaiting the final printing of the consolidated financial statements of our client, I have this lull time to blog a bit.

I marched back to another Starbucks last week, for yet another review/study session. I was feeling a bit squeamish, but it was mainly because I was a bit sick with sore throat, cough, and fever. I was, again, minding my own business in my little corner on the second floor of this Starbucks, browsing endlessly through the pages of my Hector S. De Leon textbook, when suddenly, my radar, instinctively, turned itself on.

I look to my left and my brain is bombarded by familiar words. PDA. PDPI. GAR.

Public display of affection.

Public display of physical intimacy.

Get a room.

A lean on the shoulder. A brush on the thigh. A kiss on the cheek. A breath on the ear. Endearing, much? As much as I would like to be happy for this "happy" couple, I can't. I wasn't exactly pissed off, but I was uncomfortable just the same.

Why do most couples engage in such a broadcasted way of expressing their feelings? I know that they feel like no one is watching, but do they really believe that even in such vulgar circumstances, no one would notice? Big mistake, really, unless they have always intended to be watched and scrutinized.

Good thing I was able to take a shot of how things looked. This will add to my collection of paparazzi moments.

No comments: