Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Usher and Chris Brown in CamSur (and other paparazzied finds in CamSur)

Now that the busy season at work is over, not a single moment is going to be wasted. I am now joyfully in my summer vacation mode, complete with daydreams of the beach, ultimately triggered by reminiscent odours of my sunblock lotion.

And for my first trip this summer, several friends and I went to CamSur last week. I was having fun with the wakeboarding and the hiking (or whatever it is you call following a predetermined and paved mountain trail--just have to keep it real...I don't want to sound as if I'm one heck of a seasoned mountaineer...because a mountaineer I am NOT, which is quite obvious with my "hiking" attire)...


...but no amount of enjoyment will rid me of my paparazzi roots. But before I proceed with sharing my precious CamSur finds, I want you to familiarize yourself with these photos. I would like to ask you to pay particular attention to the hats the guys in these pictures are wearing.


The guy in the first picture and the guy on the right in the other picture are both wearing what has been called a flat cap(/hat). This type of hat mostly reminds of the two celebrities whose pictures appear above: Chris Brown and Usher. I am a fan of these two artists, so just imagine how delighted I was when i saw them in CamSur...or at least when I thought I saw them.

So yeah, there I was, enjoying the delicious snack I was having at around 4:30PM at the the CWC (CamSur WaterSports Center) resto, when a vision, albeit almost a vague silhouette, of who I thought was either Usher or Chris Brown, came to my all too scrutinizing view...it must have been the cap...I don't know...

When the ray of sun was finally blocked from my direct line of sight, I stopped squinting and realized that this Chris Brown-wannabe was simply yet another Pinoy douchebag. I've already mentioned that douchebag membership has gone haywire, so I should have seen it coming.


My friends and I (especially myself, of course) could not stop laughing upon the discovery of this splendid find. All this with us intentionally ignorant of the fact that the douchebag in-question was, in fact, less than 5 meters away from our table.


Humorous because of 3 things:

  1. this guy must have thought that (a) he was an upper-class English man [see wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_cap] or (b) he was some kind of Chris Brown or Usher about to attend the Grammy's or (c) he was in the English countryside, that he could pull a flat cap off

  2. i never, EVER, thought that despite this season's ridiculous summer heat, someone would even start to contemplate wearing an arm-warmer as a mere accessory
  3. we were in CamSur. Not in some joke of a party. Which fact doubles the idiotic factor that was his outfit.

If you are thinking that "flat cap/arm sock guy" was my only CamSur find, you should be ashamed of yourself. You should never underestimate my overdedication to other people's business. I have more.

Not only did I see a specie of the Pinoy douchebag, that came in the form of the "flat cap/arm sock guy", I also had a sighting of another douchebag, brandishing her oh so fashionable cap, ala gigster...




...an appearance of a super cool circle of douchebags, complete with color coordination. I think they all look good in pink, don't you? Jeans, man...do wear jeans in a place like CWC... And the chestnut brown hair, ugh...to die for...

...not to forget the circle's ring leader...with matching white sneakers and ultra hip bangketa/baller id bracelet...and of course the metallic belt to boot and fatigue cargo shorts...all these, again, in a place like CWC...


And...to cap this blog's CamSur edition, I now present you "tan guy":


Beautiful...golden brown tan in the shape of a tank top...expensive bling...super defined abs (or ab)...what more could you ask for?



Ahhhh, CamSur. What a trip. What a trip, indeed.

No comments: